Tips for successful proofreading
Effective proof reading is the goal of all writers. The reality is, however, that it is often a difficult and time consuming task where word processers let you down and personal attachment can make you miss the simplest mistakes and inaccuracies. Although there is no foolproof formula, the right technique can really help and here we give you some tips on improving your proof reading skills so that you can come at least close to creating a perfectly polished piece.
- Don't start proofreading immediately after you have finished writing. You need to give your brain time to detach and forget the prefect document you were meant to write. Leave it a few hours or better still, days and this will mean you come at it with a fresh eyes.
- Begin by reading the document through all the way from the beginning to the end so that you have an idea of the context and layout before you look for errors.
- Read aloud or try listening to the sound of your voice вЂinside your head' as you read. This is a good way to spot missing words, punctuation or incoherent sentences.
- Print out a hard copy of the text. Mistakes are likely to be much clearer in black and white in front of you than on the screen and the new format gives you another fresh take on the text.
- Work from the beginning to the end of the document when changing spacing, lines, text and paragraphs to avoid jumbling up your document or having to redo the later parts.
- Focus on one type of problem at a time. Read through the text several times looking for a certain type of error each time for example concentrating first on sentence structures, then word choice, then spelling, and finally punctuation. If you expect a certain error you are likely to find it.
- Read the text backwards to thoroughly check for spelling mistakes. Reading each word out of the sentence context will make you focus on the individual spelling and look of the word. Try using the end of a pen or a straight edge to help keep your eyes focussed.
- Read slowly. If you read at normal speed you do not give your eyes enough time to take in the word and will simply see what you expect to see rather than what is really there.
- Keep a proof reading checklist. There are often certain mistakes that you will always make or words that you spell wrong. If you keep track of them you can be on the lookout in your next document.
- Put yourself in your audiences' shoes; pretend you are reading the document for the first time and try and see what you audience would see and how they might interpret your writing.
- Leave yourself enough time. Proof reading takes time so make sure you have not left it until the very last minute.
- Have a proofreading partner, who can read through you text with a fresher look and without the personal attachment that you undoubtedly have you your thesis.
Proofreading 247 hoping these are enough tips to persuade you to get on with writing NOW. If you do not have a time you always can use our proofreading servise.
English Editing Services
From the beginning – You need to start planning the structure and style of your thesis before you start writing it. You will need to find out the conventions required for your discipline, whether there is a particular style manual you will be required to follow, what referencing system needs to be used, etc. Deciding on and finding out about these from the beginning will save you a lot of time later on in the project.
Editing of Documents
Most of our customers mention our friendly customer service as one of our main assets. For 5 years of operation we have been committed to providing our customers with fast, effective and constructive support. We work extended hours to promptly respond to your inquiries
Unlike most other custom writing services, we provide native speaking writers to our North American customers. You can be sure that you will not receive a paper written by Pakistani writer with poor language skills. Our flexible win-win pricing schema allows us to adjust writer rates and to differentiate between U.S. nationals and those from the rest of the world. Along with experienced and loyal customer service reps, writers whose first language is English are our main asset which we aren't going to give up in favor of doubtfully higher income.
So if you are too tired to manually proofread the long and important dissertation document you had been writing then our proofreading services can be highly advantageous to you with the assurance that your paper or document would be carefully checked for any mistakes and would have undergone improvement at places in the document where it requires so.